Saturday, November 5, 2011

SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW ... A HOUSE

This week's challenge for Simon Says Stamp and Show is .. Show A House.
http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/2011/10/simon-says-stamp-and-show-house.html


I created a Baby Shower card for this week's challenge.

I wasn't sure how to fit the house into the Baby Shower theme, but then I had an idea...
I could use Tim Holtz's Rickety House die! 

I used pink paper from Authentique's Foundations collection for the house, and the base of the card.  I added dimension to the house by cutting out two copies of the house and putting one on top of the other and separating them with Helmar's Scrap Dots.  Helmar Scrap Dots is a liquid adhesive that you can use instead of foam dots.  You can squeeze out a scrap dot from the tube of adhesive and make it as thick (high), or as thin (low) as you like.  I decorated the house with the words "baby shower" using SBW's alpha stickers (watermelon).



I wanted to use some of my beautiful stickers from K & Company to create a clothesline full of baby clothes.  I added a clothesline post at the right side of the house so I could string the line between the house and the post.  I used two lengths of Martha Stewart's butcher's twine for the clothesline.  I used a mini fastener from Tim Holtz's collection on the left side of the line, to attach it to the house.



I completed the scene by adding some chipboard cutouts from  American Craft's Dear Lizzy Collection (fence, hearts, flowers and tags).

Here is the final product...






Thank you very much for visiting my blog.
Please come back and visit any time!
I welcome comments.





































1 comment:

  1. Hello! Your little baby shower card is really cute. I've never seen Tim's rickety house used for a baby shower card!!! You pulled it off beautifully. The little clothesline of baby clothes coming off of the house is a cute idea. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete