Wednesday, October 19, 2011

SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW CHALLENGE - SHOW SOME STRIPES

This week Simon Says Stamp and Show has a challenge - Show Some Stripes.
http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/2011/10/simon-says-stamp-and-show-some-stripes.html

Since it is close to Halloween, I am in the process of making some Halloween Treat Bags.

I wanted a Treat Bag that was versatile in that it could be used as a Treat Bag for a candy stash or
as a Wine Bottle Gift Bag for an adult Halloween Party.

I decided to make the Halloween Treat Bag from raw canvas.  Since I do not sew, I knew I could use Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive instead of a needle and thread or a sewing machine to construct the
bag.
Here is the finished product....

HALLOWEEN TREAT BAG FOR A CANDY STASH



I cut out a strip of canvas and simply glued the sides together (using Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Adhesive for gluing the fabric together and adding paper to the bag) to make a rectangular shape.
I made sure that the piece of canvas was wide enough and long enough to hold a bottle. Here is the piece of canvas laid out on top of the Halloween paper I used to embellish the bag.





I folded and glued the bottom of the bag.




I  rolled the top of the bag to form a cuff and glued the cuff down.  This is the bag shown from the back.



I used a strip of paper from a grocery bag as a wrapper for the bag.  I put the wrapper through
my Cuttle Bug and used Tim Holtz's Halloween Words texture fade folder to emboss the
words  on the wrapper.  I inked the wrapper with Tim Holtz's distress inks - black soot, dusty concord and spiced marmalade (on the front side) and peeled paint on the back.



I then wrapped one large border around bottom of the bag and this is where the stripes came in to play.  This border can be used as a pocket (stripes and bats)  The stripes and bats border and the Happy Halloween border is from Echo Park's Halloween Border Strip.


Here is the same treat bag being used as a Halloween Wine Bottle Gift Bag.  


       HALLOWEEN WINE BOTTLE GIFT  BAG


A CARD FOR THE HOST/HOSTESS CAN BE PUT IN THE POCKET.



Have a Spooky Scarey Halloween!

Thank you for visting my blog.
Comments are always appreciated.



2 comments:

  1. This is super project, I love it....wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute treat bag!!! I love that you made it with fabric! And...I must say, the treat you included looks great too!! : D

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    For more chances to win:
    Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter!
    Like us on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete