Saturday, October 15, 2011

THINGS WITH WINGS - SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW CHALLENGE

This week Simon Says Stamp and Show had a challenge....Things with Wings.http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/2011/10/simon-says-stamp-and-show-things-with.html.

I have been thinking about how time has been flying lately and so I knew I wanted to use that as my starting point. 

My friend, Sheryl Baker, from New York has a wonderful  on-line store for scrapbooking and crafts  and and she sent this body form to me from her shop A Bit of This N That http://www.abitofthisnthat.com/.

I have had this form for a while and I knew that I wanted to dress  her up somehow but did not
have the inspiration until last night (in the middle of the night).  So...I jumped out of bed around 2:30 a.m. and started on this project...LADY TIME IS FLYING.

This is the finished artwork....

LADY TIME IS FLYING




 VIEW OF THE BLING....YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH BLING.






VIEW FROM THE BACK





 THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE PROJECT



I wanted the costume to be very form-fitting because I thought that the form was very beautiful to begin with and I did not want to hide the curves.  I began by applying a layer of tissue paper from Pink Paislee's Soiree collection.  This is the same tissue paper that I used to make the skirt for the costume. 

I used Tim Holtz's Nostalgic tissue tape to cover the form and make the bodice of the costume.  I needed something that would mold itself to the form and Tim Holt's tissue tape  worked beautifully. 
I used the Nostalgic tissue tape because it is a favourite of mine and because it has an artsy Paris theme on it.

I needed to make the form taller so that I could add a skirt to the outfit.  I mounted the form on a glass jar that was thinner than the form to keep the curves of the form in proportion.



I created the skirt for the outfit using layers of  the Pink Paislee Soiree tissue paper.  I arranged the tissue paper so that the bottom of the skirt fell in elegant folds.







I think you can never have enough bling.  I made a necklace and belt from the rhinestone chain in Pink Paislee's Soiree Collection.  It added just the right touch of elegance.







Then of course, I needed to add the flying clock.  I had an antique clock face in my stash and thought that would be the perfect piece to add to the artwork.  I mounted the clock face onto a set of Tim Holt'z grungeboard wings (inked with Tim Holtz Mustard Seed distress ink.)......

and voila ----  LADY TIME IS FLYING







Thank you for visting my blog. 

For wonderful scrapbooking and craft items please visit my friend
Sheryl Baker at   A Bit of This N That.  http://www.abitofthisnthat.com/






2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dimensional piece! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very beautiful Karen, I love everything about it. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete